Register your locally-owned, independent business with Local First Utah
Please follow these steps:
1. Log on to www.localfirst.org and click on "Register a Local Business."
NOTE: Registration is for website access. It does not add your business to the directory.
2. Create a user name and password that will be easy to remember but secure as well. You will use this user name and password to when you log in the Local First Web site to create your directory listing, add events to the Local First calendar, or update your directory listing in the future.
3. After clicking the REGISTER Button, this screen appears:
- Registration Complete!
- An email with further instructions on how to complete your registration has been sent to the email address you provided.
- Please check your email (including your spam-box) to complete your registration.
- To have the email sent again, simply try logging in with the user-name and password of your registration.
4. Check your e-mail, and look for an e-mail from Local First with the subject line: Step 1 of 2 Your registration is pending approval.
5. Inside that e-mail is a link which will take you to our Local First new partner welcome page. Log in at the bottom of the page with your user name and password.
6. Once logged in, peruse the options available for new partners, but most importantly, click on the link that says, “Submit a directory listing” to add your business to our online directory.
7. Fill out the form provided, with your business name, a brief description and all other required information. Pay close attention to the information you provide, as this is what people will view when they search for your business in our directory, and the information Local First will use to stay in contact.
8. When you submit your listing, you will receive an e-mail confirming your submission. A Local First staff member must approve your listing before it will be viewable in our directory. (For more information on our criteria, click here.) Please note that the ‘approval’ process can take between 1 to 2 weeks to complete.
9. When your listing is approved, it will be immediately viewable in our online directory. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when your listing is approved.
Local First Utah is committed to respecting the privacy of its online visitors. Any personal information provided by users of this site is submitted at the user's discretion. Information provided by the user will not be forwarded, shared, traded, or sold to outside organizations.
Like all organizations with a web presence, Local First Utah uses web software to track the number of visitors to its web site, to analyze trends, administer the site and track user movements. We use this data to develop site content and continue to provide you with a positive experience when you visit our Website. However, no personal information is collected during the tracking process.
Online giving transactions are processed on a secure server. We have put into effect appropriate procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Once you provide us with personal, professional or financial information, that data remains confidential. We will not sell, rent, loan or otherwise share with any individual or organization any personally identifying information you provide to us.
Links to Other Sites
Imagine this: If we all shift just 10% of our spending to local businesses, on a yearly basis, $1.3 billion will stay in our Utah economy!* That number may seem astronomical, but it’s within our reach.
That is the goal behind Shift Your Spending Week, which launches on Friday, November 29th and runs until Friday, December 6th. A great way to start your own personal shift in spending is to shift 10% of your holiday shopping towards locally owned business.
On November 29th, as the holiday shopping season begins, Local First Utah gift tags and gift wrap stickers will be available at participating businesses across the state. Use these tags to let your friends and family know that you have thoughtfully purchased their gift from a locally owned business.
*According to Utah Study Series, the latest in local data from Civic Economics.
Top Ten Ideas to Shift Your Spending this Holiday Season
1. Support local artists! Check out local galleries or pottery studios for unique, handmade gifts.
2. Spend a day in a neighborhood business district. Stroll through your nearest cluster of locally-owned businesses. In Salt Lake City, check out www.onlyinsaltlake.com for detailed neighborhood descriptions.
3. Give the gift of fine dining! Many locally owned restaurants provide gift certificates which can be used year round.
4. Shop locally, online. Many local retailers and manufacturers also have a convenient online option. There is no need to send the money to an out-of-state megalith.
5. Browse and buy at a your local bookstore.
6. Give an educational adventure. Buy memberships to local museums, gardens, zoos or aviaries.
7. Make a gift basket filled with Utah's Own products.
8. Give the gift of experience: buy certificates to a locally owned spa, yoga studio or cooking school.
9. Donate to a local non-profit on behalf of a like-minded friend.
10. Winter markets abound throughout the state allowing craftspeople and artisans to sell their hand-crafted goods directly to the public. Pick up a one of a kind gift at a market near you!