Register your locally-owned, independent business with Local First Utah
Please follow these steps:
1. Log on to www.localfirst.org and click on "Register a Local Business."
NOTE: Registration is for website access. It does not add your business to the directory.
2. Create a user name and password that will be easy to remember but secure as well. You will use this user name and password to when you log in the Local First Web site to create your directory listing, add events to the Local First calendar, or update your directory listing in the future.
3. After clicking the REGISTER Button, this screen appears:
- Registration Complete!
- An email with further instructions on how to complete your registration has been sent to the email address you provided.
- Please check your email (including your spam-box) to complete your registration.
- To have the email sent again, simply try logging in with the user-name and password of your registration.
4. Check your e-mail, and look for an e-mail from Local First with the subject line: Step 1 of 2 Your registration is pending approval.
5. Inside that e-mail is a link which will take you to our Local First new partner welcome page. Log in at the bottom of the page with your user name and password.
6. Once logged in, peruse the options available for new partners, but most importantly, click on the link that says, “Submit a directory listing” to add your business to our online directory.
7. Fill out the form provided, with your business name, a brief description and all other required information. Pay close attention to the information you provide, as this is what people will view when they search for your business in our directory, and the information Local First will use to stay in contact.
8. When you submit your listing, you will receive an e-mail confirming your submission. A Local First staff member must approve your listing before it will be viewable in our directory. (For more information on our criteria, click here.) Please note that the ‘approval’ process can take between 1 to 2 weeks to complete.
9. When your listing is approved, it will be immediately viewable in our online directory. You will receive an e-mail notifying you when your listing is approved.