Why You Should Go Local First
Here are five reasons for you and your community to go Local First:
- Support Your Neighborhood's Identity & Promote Local Prosperity: This goes without saying. Your business has character. You're the reason customers shop locally. Local businesses preserve identity.
- Nurture Community Well-Being by Keeping Money in the Community: Local perspective means love for community and place. Shop and think locally. Donate to local causes. Support community.
- Encourage Local Decision-Making: Decisions made by those who are impacted. Ensure lawmakers see the greatest good in developing policy that supports independent businesses.
- Ensure Product Diversity and Promote Healthy Competition: Creativity and entrepreneurship are the foundations of the American economy. Nurturing local businesses ensures a strong community.
- Public Benefits and Costs: Less infrastructure, more efficient business. Better choices. Healthier environment. Character. The numbers speak for themselves. More money stays here that is spent here.